- What is Oikotaan?
Oikotaan is a one-of-a-kind open interactive music concert dedicated to original music.
- What do you mean by ‘Interactive Music Concert’?
In Oikotaan, anyone can perform their original composition. Many eminent personalities from the music industry come to Oikotaan to listen to your music. The guests give their honest opinion on the performance and provide tips for their improvement. The performers can also interact with them to exchange their thoughts on music.
- Is it a competition?
No. We honor all the performers the same way as we don’t believe in competition in original music.
- Then what is my take-away from this event?
You will get to interact with the people who have the right expertise in this field and get their honest and exclusive feedback about your music as they are not in a liability to compare you with others. This will help improve your music in the coming days. Needless to say, you will get the best platform to showcase your creativity.
- What type of song is accepted in Oikotaan?
There are absolutely no barrier in choosing your genre and nature of music. You can perform solo or in a band, perform a pure instrumental or a rap, present a classical bandish or a metal song, it does not matter to us. We just have only one condition; the composition has to be purely original.
- Is there a time limit?
No. But we recommend you to limit your performance time within 12 minutes to avoid any technical complications.
- I have 4 OCs that I want to perform within 15 minutes. Can I do that?
For technical reasons, you can perform ONLY ONE original composition in Oikotaan.
However, subject to our internal decision, we may allow two compositions from a particular performer, scheduling one composition on each of the event day. If you are much eager to perform both of the event days, please contact our representative at 9143044627 and we will guide you through the registration process.
- I want to participate in Oikotaan. What should I do?
Please go through our ‘how to participate‘ section to know in details.
- Is registration mandatory for participation?
- Why there is a Part 1 and Part 2 in the registration? Do I have to fill up both?
To make our registration process more user-friendly, this year we have divided our registration process in two parts. It is madatory for the participants to fill up both the forms in a manner mentioned in our ‘how to participate‘ section.
- I have filled up Part 1 form but but I can not fill up Part 2 as I do not have any registration number. What should I do?
We will need 48 hours to process your part 1 registration. After processing you will receive your registration number in the registered email. If you do not receive the registration number within 48 hours, please check your spambox. If you still have problem, feel free to contact us.
- Can I upload a trailer of my composition as sample instead of the full version?
No. You have to upload the full audio/video of your composition and you have to perform that composition in the EXACT SAME MANNER in the concert if you are selected for it.
- I am very interested in Oikotaan but I live very far away from the venue. Is there any solution for me?
The IIEST Shibpur campus is well connected with the two major railway terminals in Kolkata, i.e. Sealdah and Howrah. UBER and OLA is available round the clock. Still if you face any problem regarding your transport, feel free to contact us and we will try to sort it out.
- I need a special kind of audio arrangement for my performance. Can you provide that?
If you are selected for the concert. You will be contacted by our team for confirmation. Please share your requirements with our representative at that point of time and we will arrange that!